With just a week to go for the CBSE class 10 and Class 12 exams to begin. CBSE has issued an avuncular on February 23, 2018, to all schools falling under the CBSE board that no schools shall withhold the admit card of any eligible student for any reason including poor performance in exams held in school so far. This circular was issued after receiving complaints that many schools were practicing the restraining activity for some students.
A week ahead of the start of the CBSE Class 10th, 12th Board Examinations 2018, Central Board of Secondary Education has released an advisory for schools regarding the issue of Admit Cards. According to the notice dated February 23, 2018, CBSE affiliated schools cannot withhold the Admit cards of board bound students on any pretext, including the ill performance of the students in the board examinations. The notice was released following reports received by the board of the practice being followed by the schools. In case any student’s admit their school is holding card, then they may seek help with guidelines provided in the official notice in cbse.nic.in.
Ten things on your admit card you need to check now
1. Roll Number: You will find your Roll Number in the top left corner. Roll number would be given in both numbers and words. In case words and the number differs, then it must be immediately brought to the notice of the board.
2. Date of Birth: This field would be filled with your official date of birth. This field is valid only for 10th students, for Class 12 students, this field is left empty.
3. Center Number: This number represents your center for the examination. If you are not sure of your center’s location, then you may download the Examination locator app of CBSE.Since last year, CBSE has made it mandatory to enter your Centre number to access 12th board results.
4. Photograph: Two important things that one has to observe in the photograph section are that. First – If your photo is stuck in this section and secondly if the school stamp with the principal’s signature is present in the photograph. An admit card without a photograph is void and will not be accepted.
5. Personal Information: This section contains names of your Parents, School. Check if the spellings in this field are correct.
6. Date Sheet or Timetable: This consists of the dates on which each examination would be held along with the subject code.
7. Your Signature: For regular students, the school takes care that the student affixes his/her signature to make the document valid before issuing the admit card.
8. Principal’s Signature and stamp: This is a vital field for regular candidates. Usually, their school ensures that the principal’s signature and school’s seal is affixed in this section. But it is also the student’s responsibility to check the same.For private candidates, this section would be pre-filled.
9. In addition to the points mentioned above, students must read through the instructions regarding the time of the commencement of the exams that will be on the right-hand side of the date sheet field.
10. Any discrepancies in the admit card must be brought to the notice of the board immediately.