Learning English is essential, and people all over the world study it as a second language. 53 countries have English as their official language. 400 million people around the world speak English as a first language. English has its unique influence in India as it played a vital role in building a modern India. Presently it is one of the major languages used to communicate in the world. It helps different natives belonging to various regions communicate with each other.
Although learning English can be challenging and time-consuming, we can see that it is also very valuable to learn and can create many opportunities.
Tips to improve your English speaking Skills!
1. Don’t be scared of mistakes: Being scared of what people would think of your mistakes becomes a significant hiccup while improving your English speaking skills.
2. Practice Regularly: Regular practice makes you comfortable with the language.
3. Listen to English conversations and try to copy the same will help in getting the right accent.
4. Use post it to jot down common words and stick them in your room and places where you spend considerable time, try to formulate sentences using those words.
5. Readout articles on newspaper aloud, keeping a dictionary in hand. If you find any problematic word in the article, immediately refer to the dictionary.
6. Think in English. Do not try translating English into your native language.
7. Last but not the least – Do not Give up!!! Remember the Proverbs “Practice Makes A Man Perfect” and “Rome Was Not Built in a day.” It’s ok if you are taking time, you will definitely succeed by practice.